Refer to these Quality Standards and Top Five Guidelines as you design your course with OES:
- Organization Matters
- Separate material into modules
- Each module should contain Resources and Activities
- Use a consistent structure throughout the course
- Naming Conventions Matter
- Label and assignment titles should match the name of their link
- Use consistent numbering throughout the course
- An object should have the same name in every location throughout the course
- Visuals Matter
- Include visuals where possible in your course content
- Explore infographics, charts, graphs, maps, etc.
- Use metadata to explain the purpose of your visuals
- Variety Matters
- Consistency in organization is important, but variety keeps your students engaged!
- Everything in the course has one best place to live!
- Avoid linking the same object in multiple places
- Remember: Consistent placment generates course organizational logic
- This will make maintenance of your course simpler for you and OES
To read more on these principles, explore the Top 5 Universal Course Design Guidelines expanded document.