Course communications prepare you to facilitate your course.
Work with your Instructional Designer to prepare course communications:
- create discussion prompts using one of the following Canvas Discussion Types
- set up Google Hangout for virtual office hours
- prepare to use your course YouTube channel
- write/record a welcome message
- create a Icebreaker Activity to facilitate introductions
Work with your Instructional Designer to create engaging discussion forums.
To learn more, read this article: Facilitating Online Discussions Effectively.
Explore other methods of communicating in your course including:
- virtual office hours
- small or large group video call
Discuss ways to monitor participation with your Instructional Designer.